Agile and maneuverable
MTOW: 472.5 kg (constructive design for 560 kg)
Approval as: LTF-UL / BCAR S
Features of the C42 C
The IKARUS C42C is an innovative development based on the proven IKARUS C42 series
– high-performance EH airfoil with GRP sandwich-reinforced leading edge
– standard wind tunnel and CFD flow simulation optimized winglets
– better control comfort with Spades and Flettner rudder
– better engine cooling due to lightweight tubular frame engine support made of high-strength performance steel
– improved cockpit seals through redesign of the windscreens and door integration
– aerodynamic optimisation of the fuselage – landing flap transition through gap claddings
Areas of application
Used for flight schools, as a touring aircraft, as a tow plane. Can be equipped with a Rotax 912iS engine and a Rotax 914 Turbo. Optional with floats or skis.
Standard equipment for C42 C
80 HP Rotax engine | rescue system | stainless steel exhaust system | hydraulic disc brakes with parking brake | comfortable and effective cabin heating | carburettor preheating | airbox with Naca inlet | covering with extra protective film against UV rays | inspection-friendly wing and cowling locks | large luggage compartment opening | cabin locks with new high-security designer door handles | adjustable air inlets in both doors | incl. basic flight instruments, engine instruments, decorative strips | digital, precisely readable tachometer with engine time recording | can also be equipped with the special version for pilots in a wheelchair
– Tubular engine mount
– Gap cladding between landing flaps and fuselage for reduction of turbulences
– Light winglets made of honeycomb sandwich
– Electric elevator trim with stick actuation
– Strut connection cladding
C42 C Technical data
Data status: April 2018 – subject to change.
Technical data are partly approximate values.